Welcome to the website of the Board of Bar Overseers!
We created this website to provide easy access to a broad range of resources available to attorneys and the general public. I have highlighted some of the key features below:
- The “Look Up An Attorney” function that allows you to locate attorneys registered in Massachusetts and determine whether the lawyer is covered by Malpractice Insurance and/or has been the subject of public discipline in the past.
- The Attorney Registration portal for the online lawyer registration.
- The Rules of Professional Conduct and Discipline Decisions of the Board of Bar Overseers; the Board of Bar Overseers’s legal treatise on Massachusetts Legal Ethics Substance and Procedure; and Articles of the Office of Bar Counsel on Legal Ethics.
- Articles and reports from the Office of Bar Counsel for easy reference to timely matters of interest regarding bar discipline.
- Links to other key resources for attorneys and the public including Lawyers Concerned For Lawyers, providing free and confidential mental health resources, addiction recovery support, and practice management services for attorneys; Law Office Management Assistance Program (LOMAP), providing assistance to attorneys in Massachusetts with professional office practices and procedures; and the Clients' Security Board that pays claims arising from the theft of clients' funds or property by attorneys licensed in Massachusetts.
We are very proud of our website and strive to provide a convenient portal for attorneys and the general public to obtain information concerning the Board of Bar Overseers and the services available to attorneys and the general public. The content is regularly updated and we encourage attorneys to check in often for news and announcements of interest to the profession. If you have any questions or comments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for visiting,John J. Morrissey
Chair, Board of Bar Overseers