Welcome to the new website of the Board of Bar Overseers!
We created this website to provide easier access and a broader range of resources for use by attorneys and the general public. Some of the features of the site are highlighted below:
- An improved version of the very popular (averaging 6,600 hits per day) “Look Up An Attorney” function.
- A convenient Attorney Registration portal to facilitate lawyer registration (a task that is now required by the Supreme Judicial Court to be conducted online).
- Two important resources for practitioners -- the Rules of Professional Conduct and Decisions of the BBO – included in full.
- Articles and reports from the Office of Bar Counsel for easy reference to timely matters of interest regarding bar discipline.
- Links to other resources of interest to attorneys and the public, including Lawyers Concerned For Lawyers (addresses attorney substance abuse), Law Office Management Assistance Program (LOMAP) (provides free service to help lawyers with office practices and procedures), Client Security Board (pays claims caused by dishonest attorney conduct) and Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
In short, our new site is, indeed, one-stop-shopping for all matters relating to the regulation of the Massachusetts Bar.
We are proud of the work of our Chief Information Officer, Don Campbell, who directed the creation of this website along with our professional consultants, Slalom Consulting. Please make use of the resources on our site. The content is regularly updated and supplemented with new material, so check back often. If you have any questions or comments, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for visiting!Vincent J. Pisegna
Chair, Board of Bar Overseers