Office of Bar CounselINVESTIGATOR
OFFICE OF BAR COUNSEL,
BOARD OF BAR OVERSEERS
of The Supreme Judicial Court
The Office of the Bar Counsel seeks a full-time Investigator. The mission of the Office of the Bar Counsel is to protect the public from unethical conduct by lawyers and to preserve and enhance the integrity and high standards of the bar. The Investigator participates in the investigation, prosecution, and resolution of complaints of misconduct against attorneys through accurate and timely research, data analysis, and witness interviews in support of Assistant Bar Counsel. Duties include conducting legal research, interviewing witnesses, drafting reports and summaries, conducting discovery, organizing case files and exhibits, and assisting at hearings. A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a legal setting are preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reviews complaints.
- Prepares file summaries and recommends additional investigation.
- Prepares chronologies.
- Interviews complainants and potential witnesses.
- Obtains documents from courts and other agencies.
- Prepares documents and analysis for hearings and meetings.
- Analyzes bank and other financial records, including creating and analyzing spreadsheets.
- Prepares subpoenas.
- Assists Assistant Bar Counsel at hearings and meetings.
- Researches legal issues.
- Proofs and fact checks documents prepared by Assistant Bar Counsel.
- Drafts pleadings and memos.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Sabra Mitchell, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure your name is on all documents. Position will remain open until filled. Additional information about the Office of Bar Counsel is available at our website: https://www.massbbo.org
The Office of Bar Counsel is an equal opportunity employer.
A PDF of this posting is available here.